10.02.2011

time

i am starting to believe that my time is spent most wisely when i am with family and friends, and especially with friends. for some reason, friends fulfil something inside of us that can't be filled with even our closest family members....they fill something that friends can't fill too. being in the mountains this weekend with some truly great friends had me feeling true joy several different times. i feel like true friends cheer you on, support you in your stresses and desires, and listen to you tell dumb stories. and being a true friend allows you the opportunity to reciprocate the same things- you get to cheer people on, celebrate their successes, and share their sorrows. I know I will always be friends with these people because we all share the same desire to care for each other and enjoy the time we find to spend together. i cherish the time we had, it was as though time slowed down so we could get a real chance to enjoy the company.
it makes me glad.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I wrote this post! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Friends fill a special part of your life that no one else can. I loved our group this weekend. :)
    Thanks for getting us all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the best, and josh's posts on your facebook thread are even better. haha

    ReplyDelete